Welcome to our Expedition Network!
Our contact details are on the right and we would be happy to help you plan and undertake your expedition.
Update: bridges washed out from winter 2015/16
Extreme weather in winter 2015/6 caused severe damage to many routes and washed away a number of bridges.
The Cairngorms National Park provide an update on the most recent information; ‘Winter storm impacts’
The unusable bridges that might have an impact on DofE teams;
- Polhollick suspension bridge, over the Dee near Ballater, NO 344 965
- Glas Allt burn bridge (and damage to nearby path), Lochnagar, NO 267 834
- Cambus ‘May suspension bridge, west of Ballater, NO 420 976
- Moulzie footbridge, Glen Doll, NO277789
- The footbridge over the Linn of Quoich (the Punchbowl) (NO 115 912) has been replaced, but the vehicle bridge (NO 118 910) has not
- The Allt-mor trail closed between Utsi’s footbridge (NH 984 071) and the Ski centre
The bridge over the Allt Fhearnasdail (NN 827 983) was washed away in the 2915/6 winter floods. An expedition who went through the area in May 2016 reported that it is possible to cross the river slightly upsteam of the bridge where the river is approximately 3m wide with ankle depth slow moving water. No update on whether the bridge has been replaced since has been received.
The Area Advisor is based in the area and can assist with enquiries regarding routes, landowners, and campsites.
2 Farquharson Court
T: 01330 850 513
E: [email protected]