Welcome to our Expedition Network!
Our contact details are on the right and we would be happy to help you plan and undertake your expedition.
Update: West Lomond and Trossachs new camping By-laws
From 1st Mach 2017 new byelaws governing camping in areas around Loch Ard, Loch Chon, Loch Arklet, Loch Venechar, Loch Lubnaig, Loch Voil and Loch Earn will come into force. These byelaws will restrict camping within the area covered every year between 1st March – 30th September (the majority of the DofE expedition season). Most of the area covered by the byelaws is close to roads, so analysis by DofE Scotland suggests only small numbers of DofE teams are likely to be affected.
A general map of the area covered can be downloaded from the National Park website, detailed 1:25k maps of the areas covered can be found in the full byelaws document, and GPX's of the areas are available below. Camping outwith the narrow areas covered by the byelaws remains covered by the usual Scottish laws.
For teams planning to camp within the area covered by the byelaws the National Park recommends that groups plan to apply through the ‘Group camping permit exemption’ process. This will have several advantages over the online permit system for the public;
- It will be free
- Groups will be able to apply for camping on sites outwith the publically permitted sites
- Groups will be able to apply to camp with larger groups than public permits are available for
Such applications will need to be submitted at least 4 weeks before the expedition. For DofE teams there is a shortened version of the application form (either an editable word version or a PDF version) which can be submitted along with green forms and route maps for the teams concerned. Submission details are in the form.
Update: Camping Areas in Comer Estate
The Comer Estate is a strong supporter of the DofE in Scotland and groups on Expedition often camp in the Comer area. To prevent disturbance to nesting and lek grounds for the endangered Blackcock bird several suitable campsites within the Gleann Gaoithe have been identified, which all DofE groups are asked to use. Please see the Camping on Comer Estate download for full details.
- Trossachs & Crianlarich Information Pack
- Camping on Comer Estate (pdf)
- DofE version of Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park camping byelaws group exemption form: word version and PDF version
- GPX's of the boundaries of the byelaws area. Data source Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park Authority. Contains OS data © Crown copyright and database right 2017. (zipped files - download, extract file, ensure it has .gpx at the end and upload into eDofE mapping)
West Loch Lomond, Glen Falloch, and Loch Long
East Loch Lomond
Lochs Ard, Arklet, and Chon
Lochs Voil, Venechar, Earn, and Achray forest area
- Expedition Area Boundaries GPX file (zipped file - download, extract file, ensure it has .gpx at the end and upload into eDofE mapping)
- Expedition Area Map (pdf)