The DofE Expedition Guide (13th edition): Using the expertise of hundreds of DofE Assessors, Supervisors and Leaders, this book (completely updated in 2012) is an invaluable resource for anyone running or involved in DofE expeditions.
The Expedition Guide is available from DofE Essentials (sign into eDofE and click on the [Essentials] tab), priced at £14.99. With a water-resistant cover, the guide is an essentail piece of kit for DofE Leaders, Supervisors and Assessors to carry with them on expedition. It will provide clear advice and explanations to help them support participants to complete their expedition.
What’s in this Guide?
Following the enormous amount of feedback from our survey earlier in the year the Expedition Guide:
• Is the main resource for guidance and advice on running DofE expeditions, going through every stage from the aim to the qualifying expedition.
• Provides advice and encourage other modes of travel and expeditions outside the UK.
• Clearly sets out key behaviour expectations of DofE participants while on expedition.
• Provides clear policies on mobile phones, GPS, GPS tracking, personal music players and participant behaviour.
• Clearly sets out the roles and responsibilities of Supervisors and Assessors.
• Includes 25 statements from famous and exceptional adventurers to inspire and advise others.
• Includes 125 hints and tips from DofE Leaders, Supervisors and Assessors.