Tell the world about your achievements!
Gold Award Presentations (GAPs) take place in London, Scotland and Northern Ireland throughout the year. They are the culmination of so much hard work and young people's achievements deserve to be recognised as much as possible.
Every year around 7,000 young people receive their Gold Award certificate in the presence of HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or HRH The Earl of Wessex at a prestigious Royal palace.
Whilst the DofE itself undertakes pro-active PR activity regarding these events, we encourage Gold Award holders to contact their local newspapers in order to provide a great local story of a positive nature about young people in the community.
Please download our press release template that you can use as a basis for your contact with the local press.
- Don't forget to personalise it!
- Remember to include a contact telephone number and email address
- Put in the date of your presentation
- Add your name and some info about what you did to achieve your Gold Award
- Attach a photo or let journalists know you can supply one.
Find out more information about our Gold Award Presentations here.